Job Adverts for salaried posts £84*
* This cost includes VAT at 20%. If your organisation is a charity, the ad will be zero-rated, if you provide us with your registered charity number or a written declaration stating how you qualify for this type of VAT relief. Please note that our advertising fee and payment payment methods are currently under review, and will change from 1 April 2020.
NOTE: MARCH 2020
I will be working on another project from 3-17 March 2020 inclusive, and will not be able to place any new advertisements during that period.
Thank you for your understanding. Clare.
Why Advertise With Us?
- We are the largest Catholic Youth Ministry site on the internet.
- In 2014 our site attracted between 5 and 11 thousand page views per month.
- Jobs will be advertised on our social media feeds, the combined follower/like count of which come to nearly 50 thousand accounts.
- In 2014 no publication advertised more UK youth ministry jobs than we did.
- We’re frequently thanked by people who found their jobs through this site, people like Lydia: “Back in February, I began trying to find work in the Catholic youth sector and it was so difficult! But I typed ‘Catholic youth work’ randomly into Google and this website popped up. Later, a friend told me to look on the site, so it appeared to be the place to go to … Thank you CYW!”
- The advert will appear on the jobs section of our front page and in our jobs page for 6 weeks (unless you would prefer to show it for less). Up to 5 jobs will be shown on the front page of the site at one time, but if there are more than 5 jobs on the site at one time only 5 may be displayed (but these will be shuffled and selected at random by the site each time the home page is opened, preference will always be given to paid ads over free voluntary ads).
- This stream of revenue helps to support the mission of the site, to better resource and support those working with young people in the Church.
- We regret that, due to repeated instances of non-payment by some Schools and Dioceses, in general, we do not put jobs live until we have received payment. If your ad is urgent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this.
NB: Online payment via PayPal: As part of our review, we are making some changes to improve how online payments are made and recorded, so until 1 April 2020, we will not be offering payments via PayPal, and will be invoicing for all job adverts instead.
Placing An Advert
- Email email@example.com to request your ad, letting us know if you are a charity and qualify for zero VAT rating.
- Provide us with the following info about the role you are advertising:
- Job title
- Location, base, or area of work
- Hours of work / full time or x hrs/wk
- Length of contract – fixed term of x years / months, or permanent
- Closing date
- Brief outline of the role and the type of person you are seeking
- Brief outline or the organisation or workplace
- How to apply
- A contact for further info /; questions from applicants
- Attach the artwork described below, or at least your organisation’s logo and / or or an image or two we can use to create the artwork for you.
- We can upload your full application pack if you wish, or direct applicants to your website or HR department. To stimulate interest, it’s good to provide at least a job description / person specification we can upload. See below for more on this.
- We will check we have all the information and documents we need, and invoice you for the fee of £84 inc VAT (or, if you send us verification as above that your organisation is a charity, we will issue a zero-rated invoice for £70).
- Your ad will go live on our site usually within 3 working days, though it is often much faster than this, depending on workload.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Salesian LInk office on 01204 600726.
The advert will be displayed as two images, one portrait image on the main ad page which should contain all the information and content of the job advertisement, the other on the homepage and job page which is a smaller landscape image using an excerpt from the ad.
- The easiest way to send your advert would be to put all the information and images onto a single-sided A4 document and send this to us as a Word, or a pdf document. We will use the top third of the page as the smaller landscape image.
- Alternatively you can send us two images, one in the proportions of an A4 page (no smaller than 723×1024 pixels, as it will show at approximately half the width of this site on a normal desktop computer) and a smaller landscape image (no smaller than 723×342 pixels, although please be aware that this will show up much smaller on the homepage, around a quarter of the width of the site, so anything except header text may not be legible)
- The advert may contain as many words as you’d like, but please be aware that text at less than 15pt may be difficult to read. The main image will take up around half the width of this webpage. If there is a lot of detail you need to include, this can be sent to us in another document and we will upload it as “further information”.
- You can send us up to 4 attachments (eg: job / person specification, prospectus, newsletter etc.) which take up no more than 10mb in total.
- We will display the job title, employing organisation name, salary and other important info in text next to the main ad image; we can easily take info from the job advert you have sent us, but if this information isn’t present in your ad, we will state that it is unspecified unless you have given us this information in addition to the job advert itself.
- We still advertise voluntary posts free of charge, but please be aware that these may not always be put on the front page or shared on our social media pages, as priority goes to the paid adverts.
- It is possible to advertise more than one job within a single advert, but no more space will be allowed unless more than one advert is paid for.
- We will advertise the job for 6 weeks, but if your application deadline comes before this time, we will take the ad down to avoid disappointing interested candidates. If you do not appoint, please get in touch as we can help you re-advertise for the remainder of the 6 weeks that you have paid for.
- Our address for payments is CatholicYouthWork.com, Salesian Link, Thornleigh House, Sharples Park, Bolton, BL1 6PQ. Should you need to speak to us you can call the Salesian Link office on 01204 600726.